Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today just keeps getting better

...actually yesterday, but it was too late to blog so yeah. Something totally awesome just happened to me and I'm eager to share it.

It was December 31, 2011, at 10:00 PM. I was rushing to get this level done so I could make a last-minute entry for Level of the Year.

Unfortunately, I couldn't complete the level on-time, as I kept feeling urged to extend the level. I guess it was alright, since LotY was a fail anyway.

About a month later I decided to fix it up and release it. The level seemed to disappear off my computer.

Throughout the course of a whole year, I did at least 5 full-computer searches to find the .csx of this long lost level. It was nowhere to be found.

However, just this night, I was scrolling through my Interiors folder, looking back at old levels I made. I came across a file titled "CC.csx" I would normally ignore this, as there was a level abbreviated CC already in the game. This time, I opened it. The beautiful level I made a year ago was there! I couldn't believe my eyes!

I fixed up the level, and converted the textures into Elite ones (which was way easier that I expected) and I was totally not expecting the level to convert properly, as there were little curvies everywhere. So that was pretty awesome.

The interior was loaded into the game. As I was placing items/messing around, I triggered a moving platform that I COMPLETELY forgot about. I was as surprised as heck. Moving platforms work 5% of the time for me, but a year old one? Wow.

Best Elite work day ever. Like, really.

Nihahhat

No comments:

Post a Comment