Sunday, November 4, 2012

No one notices, but it has to be done anyway

Today was one of those days where you get a ton done but it's hard to tell.
Without internet connection on my 7 (which I use for everything not speedrunning/Constructor) I was fixing up little stuff, such as grammar mistakes, misalignments, etc. Later I spent my time fixing some graphics. By the end of the day, Elite was filled with prettier gems, shiny pause menus, and improvements of textures that should've been changed a looooong time ago.

The only frustration I had (which was thankfully a small one) was that I had made a pretty glow_bounce texture, but in-game it looked smaller than the marble, and a bit squigglier than it should be. It was all the same size and everything, so... what the heck? No clue what went wrong there, so I set that aside for another day. Maybe Master Jeffio knows the solution!

Hopefully I can rid of all cooltext.com graphics sometime soon. That's right, I previously used generated graphics from cooltext.com, quite constantly in fact. I seriously regret using it in the first place. It's not that it's illegal, cooltext allows their graphics to be used in any way, commercial or noncommercial. However, I am ashamed of myself for being that lazy to take graphics from other places than to learn to make my own. Now that I have some decent Paint.NET skills, I have started a quest to replace those cruddy cooltexts.

All that aside, I got a lot done today, so I'm satisfied with myself. It had to be done anyway, so why not today?
Hey, not a bad inspiring quote.

Oh hey, Monday is tomorrow. I'm going to make it epicly awesome, which is something that a lot of people can't do. Woohoo!

Nihahhat

No comments:

Post a Comment